Walmart Price Match Policy Changes- April 2015
Walmart has updated their Ad Match Guarantee with some slight changes. I like to print off the price match guarantee and put a copy of it in my reusable shopping bag just in case I come across a cashier that is not overly excited about me saving money:)
Here are a the changes that will effect you.:
- We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad, but we reserve the right to verify an ad at any time; we also require the store to verify the ad if there is a difference in price greater than 25% from the competitor.
I actually LOVE, LOVE this change it is now in print on the policy: WE DO NOT REQUIRE CUSTOMERS TO HAVE THE AD- Yippee! Now remember, if you are getting a deal 25% lower than the Walmart price the cashier might look it up so bring your patience they are just doing their job.
- The system will prompt for supervisor verification at a 50% reduction in price or greater.
Here is another step that might take a little more time but just remember if you are saving 50% you are doing something right.
I will say I just price matched yesterday at Walmart. I know I had items that were 25% better than the Walmart price and even 1 that was better than 50% and neither thing happened. Walmart is just trying to make sure people are using accurate prices which is why we do our best at PriceMATCHERZ.com to provide you with an comprehensive and accurate list every week.
I am totally pumped about all of the Price Match items that have not changed and can be price matched which include
- Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
- Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)
- Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
- Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
- For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)